Sometimes individuals do not contemplate their rights in a Rialto slip and fall accident. Meaning, that if a person falls in a restaurant due to a slippery floor, they may automatically blame themselves and brush it off as mere clumsiness. However, when these types of accidents occur, the consequences can be serious and are often associated with the negligence of the property owner. Specifically, a slip and fall accident can result in soft tissue damage, broken bones, brain trauma, and many other severe injuries.
Of course, a property owner will often deny liability. Notwithstanding, even if they do admit liability, you may not receive the amount of damages you deserve as a result of your injuries without the help of a professional attorney. This is why it is critical to contact a seasoned Rialto slip and fall lawyer today to learn more about your legal rights and options.
Common Cases Handled by a Skilled Attorney
A Rialto slip and fall accident can happen anywhere and at any time, (e.g., one spilled drink at a restaurant or a wet floor at a grocery store can cause devastating injuries and even death). A slip and fall attorney who regularly represents individuals in Rialto who have been injured in these types of cases has comprehensive knowledge of California’s premises liability laws. Accordingly, the most common types of slip and fall cases that an experienced Rialto personal injury attorney regularly handles include, without limitation, the following:
- Slip and fall accidents at a supermarket or other type of business establishment
- Outdoor slip and indoor slip and fall accidents
- Slip and fall accidents that occur on a road or sidewalk
- Slip and fall accidents that occur in an apartment complex
- Slip and falls accidents in a store parking lot
- Slip and fall accidents on a boat or at a marina
- Slip and fall accidents that are caused by inclement weather such as rain, sleet, and snow
Undoubtedly, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to representing people injured in a slip and fall accident. Moreover, slip and fall cases can be time-consuming and complex, and require strong evidence to obtain a favorable result.
Types of Effective Evidence in Slip and Fall Cases
A Rialto slip and fall lawyer representing an accident victim knows just how vital it is to collect evidence evincing the property owner’s liability before it becomes unavailable or lost. These types of evidence include, without limitation, the following:
- Surveillance footage of a slip and fall accident
- Testimony from witnesses at the scene of a slip and fall accident
- Testimony from expert witnesses
- Records of slip and fall accidents on the same property
- Police and incident reports
- Photographs of the dangerous condition that caused the slip and fall accident
- Maintenance records
Recovering Damages in Rialto Slip and Fall Cases
While each slip and fall case is unique, injury victims in Rialto may be able to pursue the following types of damages:
- Economic damages: These include lost income, past, present, and future medical expenses, reduced earning capacity, and other losses that a victim sustained.
- Non-economic damages: These include loss of enjoyment, disability and disfigurement, pain and suffering, and loss of consortium.
- Exemplary damages: These are often referred to as “punitive” damages that are geared towards punishing the wrongdoer for egregious behavior such as fraud, malice, or oppression.
Contact a Seasoned Rialto Slip and Fall Attorney Today
If you were injured in a Rialto slip and fall accident, it is best to contact an experienced Rialto slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible. An attorney will make sure that your case includes all possible recoverable damages. They will also advise you of your legal rights and options during the pendency of your case. Do not wait, as your time to file is limited under California law.